Monday, March 05, 2007

Grow baby, Grow!

Well, I am sure you are all saying "it is about time!!" Instead of the boys perspective, I thought I would write a little something. Life has been full of blessings, excitement, and business. God has been very good to our family. Our new little member... even though still well protected and growing, has been an exciting addition so far. I love to have my hand over her as I sleep.. I know I should be on my side .. but she doesn't mind being on the back yet... I will call the baby a 'girl' even though we really don't know. The heart rate has been average 150, and the boys were 140.. so maybe this baby is more active, or maybe it's a girl. Nicolaas is still adamant that the baby is a girl... Q1 Q Q QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ ( A side note from Noel) Noel loves to crawl up to be and lift my shirt... I think he is curious why my belly is growing. ;o) Nicolaas has been raising interesting questions of late too.. "Does the baby come out of your belly button?" "The hole is too small for a baby to come out." "Where does the baby come out of you?" "The baby is under your skin?" (Oh for wisdom) Welll..... The baby comes out by Mommy's legs... "OH!! " He inspects my legs... " I don't see any holes in your legs!" Well, God will help the baby come out, I told him. That seemed to satisfy him for now... It's been so amazing to feel this precious little baby moving around. Little kicks here, little punches there. So far she seems quite calm too. Maybe she will be just as easy going as her older brothers.Here is our sweet little peanut at 18 weeks... Dennis was checking out the ultrasound for certain parts... he was sure it was a girl. He didn't see any appendages. ;o)
My baby belly at 20 weeks....
I am now almost 23 weeks, and my belly circumference is 99cm across the belly button. Very close in range as I was with Noel at this time. Of course I think I look huge... but the snow is melting, and I can pull out the double stroller once again. That should keep me from gaining in the wrong places.. of course it would help if cut out allllll unhealthy foods too. I was only a bit nauseous in the first three months. So I can eat what ever I feel like. Now I really need a nap every day, or I am pretty much drained.. Maybe it's the interrupted sleep, or maybe it's just having two other little ones... I definitely am more tired this time around. If I don't get my sleep I am, shall I say a little, or a lot irritable! But we are sure excited on meeting our sweet baby this summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you find you're grumpier, maybe it's a girl! (That's our theory anyway!) Congratulations on your pregnancy!
-Jessica B. (Katrina's friend, I worked with you on 3100...I found your blog through Lynnette...)

LJE said...

yay for belly pics! you're looking great!

Glad you've been feeling well too, and i'm sure the tiredness has just a teeny bit to do with those other two beauties you're keeping occupied every day!

We'll have to get together sometime before these due dates sneak up on us and we end up meeting in the hospital!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, Nicole! Two young children (and little peanut) and you always seem so energetic and upbeat. She'll be here before you know it, though.
Karen
Cute pics of the boys, btw!