Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Very Late Birthday Post..

Dylan turned one in the end of June. Wow that year went by fast!!! We had a few parties for him. One on his actual birthday in Lethbridge. He had the baby measles that day, so it wasn't the happiest day for him.. poor kid.(Katrina made this picture look so cool.. thanks)
When Derek and Danielle came from Toronto, we had a family party for Dylan in August. I LOVE summer parties! We had a blast in the back yard! The boys thought it would be neat to make Thomas the Tank Engine train for Dylan's birthday cake. Well, as I got ready to ice it, I realized I only had a few drops of blue food colouring left. After trying to make blue, we ended up with only a yucky green. So Nicolaas decided that Percy the train was green.. we added lots more green and... Percy became Dylan's cake! I love how it turned out. The boys wanted to help so bad. So I made a separate cake, and cut it into the trailers. They were able to decorate their own cake. Nicolaas' was the coal car. Noel's trailer was the zoo car. I think Noel used all the jube-jubes in one spot! They had great fun using the icing bag. I didn't mind what they looked like.. they were the coolest trains ever... they were so proud of their own creation!Dylan went straight for Percy's eyes..
I was hoping for one of those 'chocolate-covered-kid' shots, but he didn't make much of a mess.Dylan is the best gift ever. Happy Birthday sweet boy...

1 comment:

Tim and Annalisa Sawatzky said...

You've really caught us up with all these posts! Looks like you had a really fun summer. That's hilarious about the goop, and Nicolaas' reaction too.

Annalisa