Sunday, October 05, 2008

Summer Highlights

Goop anyone?? I had a brain wave and thought the boys would have fun with goop. We laid out a plastic mat, but that didn't keep Dylan on it! Nicolaas didn't want to get dirty, so he just watched, reminding me every minute what a mess it was making... So I opted for them all to go in the tub., with the goop. That confined the mess at least! There was goop everywhere! I think I cleaned up cornstarch for a few hours following. So here is a tip.. START the goop time in the tub!Nicolaas has been growing up into such a responsible, kind young man. I am so proud of his strong leadership qualities. He really wants to do what's right.Nicolaas has really taken up reading.. he tries to read all the words, but the English language is tricky. There are so many silent rules. Often he will read the word how it should sound (by the phonetic law) but I always have to explain that word is an exception too.
Nicolaas helping Noel with his shoes.
Noel didn't want to get dressed when I offered to help him. So Nicolaas sweetly dressed him. So precious to watch.Nicolaas catching Dylan on the slide. Such a great big brother.
Noel my sweet, sensitive boy. Always making sure no one is hurt.Captain Nicolaas.
The boys biked almost every day this summer. Dylan would get a ride in the car, while I pulled him with the dog leash.
Dylan enjoying Dawn's 'gaa-gaks'. He has an eye for beauty, and loves flowers!

No comments: